Hello everyone!! I am so excited for the upcoming 3-way baby shower! It will be fun to see everyone and get time to visit with all you girls :) Also, since the shower will be in the evening, I am sure the boys will be going out to dinner again so you can all plan on having your husbands come too. Andrea, Jamie, and Sara--I got your emails with addresses (thanks!) and will be talking with Lyndzi and working on getting some invitations in the email in the very near future so everyone be checking your maiboxes! I was all geared up to do an all boy baby shower, but then after hearing the news that Sara is actually having a girl I get to mix things up a bit! :) How fun!! Anyways, I just have one more request for you three prego girls! Will you please make a post with a list of things you need/want, what colors you are thinking for a nursery, where you have a gift registry if any, etc. That would be great!! Just as a side note, most moms-to-be think of getting a rocker or glider of some sort, a swing, bouncer, bassinet, etc. but I thought I would share some of my favorite things that I got. I LOVE our diaper champ (not a diaper genie), boppy, bumbo chair, and my nursing wrap. I was actually given a couple diaper genies, but a couple of my friends suggested diaper champs instead and I am so glad we exchanged them! You have to get special bags for the genies and they are expensive plus you have to stick your hand down in them and twist the dirty diapers where the champs have a nice, convenient handle and you can use regular garbage bags. Also, a boppy is heaven-sent! They make feeding a baby MUCH more comfortable and they are also nice to use for baby to lay on or to help them with tummy time when they are little. I didn't even know what Bumbo chairs were before I was pregnant, but they are so nice 'cause they help babies sit up when they can't quite do it on their own yet. They can sit in them as soon as they can hold up their heads well and they love them 'cause it gives them a whole new perspective on the world! And a nursing wrap..these are like pancho looking things that you slip over your head when you are breast feeding but don't worry they make them cute! At first I thought they were pointless and expensive and thought I would just use a blanket, but the more I heard about them from girls in my ward, the more I wanted one and it has been sooo worth it! I no longer have to worry about Talia kicking the blanket when I am in the mother's room at church or holding the blanket in my mouth while trying to undo my clothes underneath and keep my baby on my lap with my hands. I know it sounds silly, but I promise they really are nice to have! OK!! I really didn't mean for this to be such a long post with me going off like that, but there's my two cents! :) Maren, anything you would add??
Monday, April 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 opinions:
I do have some things to add to the list. I will be posting 10 things I think all new moms need on my blog later in this week. The 10 things are that big, but just like Kelly have made my last month and a half much easier.
Um, as far as what i need - just things you wrote, kel. A boppy, a little chair thing (what are they called?) and a nursing wrap. We don't really have anything yet, so anything would be fine, but we will have all the big stuff from family, so just little things would be great. And colors? We are thinking of doing his room planes, trains and automobiles so like deep reds and blues and yellows - not pastels. But it doesn't really matter. We're registered at Babies R Us but I don't even think we registered for anything we really need, so you don't have to say that or anything. I don't know, I'm so new at this!
hi! i'm pretty clueless about what we are going to need! we honestly don't have anything for a baby boy...well he does have 1 outfit. (my sister gave us 12 boxes of girl stuff but that's pretty useless now). any suggestions you all have is good for us. everything kelly said sounds useful (the boppy and the bumble chair especially). For his room, we are thinking obvioulsy blue and probably brown or something. heath wants to do a cowboy theme but we'll see. anyways, sorry i'm not much help. you all know more that i do :) thanks everyone!
How the heck should we know what we need?:) Except from things that people say are useful, I have no idea either! Well yes Kelly had a good list, the only thing for me is since I am flying I don't have room to take much of anything home. We are registered at Babies R Us, and I was thinking if we could keep things small for me...ie: gift cards, ordering off the registery for me to pick up in VA, SMALL things like toys, or outfits. I think I'll be doing Brown, Cream, & Bright/Lime Green for colors. Thanks Kel!
Post a Comment