Well, we did our first (and possibly our last) Century ride yesterday. The ride by definition is 100 miles, however, I was severely disappointed when we hit 100 miles and still had 3.5 miles left to go! Especially since my tire blew out twice at mile 1o1.5.
As an good race (or tour) would start...at the bathrooms.
As an good race (or tour) would start...at the bathrooms.
Overlooking Jordanelle. And yes, we did have to make quite a climb to get up to get this view! Lindsey loved it...I was just dreaming of the downhill on the other side. Joce thought this picture would make a great Fidelity advertisement.
One 4-5 mile stretch was actually on dirt road. Lindsey looks happy in the picture, but I can tell you she wasn't happy with the road! Nice scenery though. A lot of dead skunks, however.
Finally!! The end. Riding a tour instead of a race is a bit anti-climatic. You get to the end, and everyone is just packing up to go home. There's no finish line, there's no balloons, and nobody cares that you just finished 100 miles! Well, almost, Mom, Sarah, and Laurissa did come to cheer us on at the finish! Thanks guys!

3 opinions:
Thanks for posting the pics. It sounds like you guys had a great time. I am just starting to enjoy biking. I hope I could do something like that someday.
Way to you Waddoups fam! You are amazing!!
wow...you guys are amazing! that's a pretty neat accomplishment :)
Post a Comment