Saturday, August 16, 2008

To all the Moms

Dear mothers,

Do any of you have a suggestion on the best name brand of a baby carrier (not a wrap or backpack that the baby sits in. I mean the very first baby car seat, the one that can go in the car, stroller, shopping cart, etc). and stroller? Where did you buy it?
Also, how old should the baby be when he or she starts sitting in a front facing car seat?
By the way, your children are all very adorable! Great job on keeping us updated with the blogs!

4 opinions:

Jamie said...

I have a graco car seat/stroller system and I love it. We go on walks all day and the carseat just snaps in. I actually got both at a yard sale for cheap, but they are pretty expensive. We love it, though.

Maren and Blake said...

I too have a graco carseat/stroller. They have a really good safety rating and the strollers have SO many nice features. We got a new combo for about $250 @ baby's r us.

If you do get yours at a garage sale, just make sure it has NEVER been in a car accident (as car seats are only made for 1 accident) and that it's not older than 5 years. They recommend getting a new car seat every 5 years.

Chicco's also have a good reputation, but they are a litte more than the Graco's. Sorry this is long, the other thing I recommend is getting a car seat that seats up to a 30 pounds (most go to 20). It is a little more expensive, but you won't have to buy another seat when he reaches 20 pounds. They have to stay in the infant car seat until they are 1 yr old and 30 pounds.

Ok, enough of this. I did research this topic a lot though. Call with questions.

Kelly A. said...

we also have a GRaco car seat/stroller combo. and they are the way to go! Once the baby is old enough and weighs enough to face forward, Britax gets the best reviews.

Melissa said...

I don't like the big stroller suv's I see everywhere where the baby is enclosed in a sort of plastic pod on wheels. Seems so sterile and unnurturing. And hard to manage. We like Graco brand car seats but the seat stays in the car. For mall, church, etc. a little baby really likes being in a sling - they always fall asleep in it and are kept so warm. Now I like strollers too, just not the big systems, lol. I don't know what I'd do without my jogging stroller for all the outside stuff we do.