Sunday, February 22, 2009

Black Bean Soup

I can't remember who asked me for this recipe at our girls night out (Jamie? Mono?), so I thought I'd just put it on the blog for everyone to see! :) It is easy, healthy and VERY yummy!! Tim and I love it!!

BLACK BEAN SOUP
1 onion
2 cloves of garlic
1 cup chopped carrot
3 celery stalks
3 cups broth (vegetable or chicken-your choice)
2 cans black beans (drained)
bunch of cilantro
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper

Saute onion and garlic in a couple tablespoons of olive oil. Then add carrot and celery. After about 10 minutes of sauteing, add broth. Then add black beans. After everything heats through (another 10-15 minutes) add cilantro, salt, and red pepper. Blend everything together in a blender until smooth and serve.

You can adjust how spicy it is by adding more or less red pepper or you can also add fresh jalapenos in with the carrots.

Anytime any of you come across some good recipes, please share! I love learning to make new and yummy meals!! :)

0 opinions: