Tuesday, May 8, 2007

MEXICAN RICE RECIPE

Hello everyone! I've had several of you ask me for this recipe, so here ya go:) If I remember right Maren and Jamie also asked for my enchilada recipe, so I'll get that to you soon!

Mexican Rice (serves 4-6)
1 c. rice
2 c. water or chicken broth
1 tomato
1 tsp. garlic
1 onion
1/2 bushel of cilantro
1 tsp. chicken buillon
~In a pan with vegetable oil, fry the rice until it turns light brown. Blend tomato, garlic and onion in a blender with a small amount of water. Add to rice. Add water or chicken broth, cilantro, and chicken buillon. Turn to medium high and let it sit and boil for approximately 2 minutes. Then turn down to low and cover. Let it cook for approximately 20 minutes. Stir and serve.
~Note: I use a chicken buillon mix called "caldo de pollo" that can be purchased at any Mexican grocery store.

2 opinions:

Jason Wheeler said...

sweet :) i'll have to try it

Maren and Blake said...

I can't wait to make this. This is truly the best rice in the world.