Oh my goodness, it has been a really long time since I have posted a blog for us. We are doing well over here on the East Coast. Both of us are getting excited to come visit, in a few short weeks! I will be flying in on Dec. 18th, and Brandon flies in on the 21st. I get to stay until the 31st(Whoo, Whoo!), but Brandon has to leave the day after Christmas on the 26th. So sad for him...apparently you can't just leave your business for two weeks or something!:)
So last weekend we went on an adventure to a Christmas Tree Farm not too far away, and we got to cut down our own tree to put up in our little apartment. It was really fun watching Brandon go at the tree with his little hand saw, I didn't do much:) And we had fun getting it all up and decorated.
I have to tell everyone that I made this wreath...I decided instead of spending $30 on one, I would try and make it myself, it saved me a lot of $money and I think it turned out ok:) I also did this table center peice it cost like $5, can't beat that!
I love Christmas because all I can think about is how Lucky I am to be a member of the church and have a great family and most of all a wonderful husband! He is working so hard to make his company successful, and it's were finally starting to see the results. I'm so proud of him.:) Christmas time always make me thankful for all the things that I usually take for granted. A warm place to sleep, food, and family & friends to celebrate the holidays with.
So that's my little schpeel about Christmas.:) Anyway, everything else is going good, I'm getting used to fast pace life here. People don't slow down for anything, it was hard to adjust but I'm finally feeling more comfortable. We really like our ward, and are starting to make friends with the few young couples that are in the ward.:) For some reason I never thought I would see snow here but...to my surprise, it's freezing and it did **snow* the last two days. Not like a Utah snow of course, but it even stuck around for awhile. So now I know that if it snows two inches...school is shut down, that cracks me up. Us Utahns go to school in two feet of snow right?!!
I'm planning on getting my hair license after the Christmas break and getting a job doing hair, at least part-time. It should be a fun little adventure. Right now I've just been helping Brandon do office type stuff for the business. It's pretty easy, and I can stay if my PJ's all day:)
I'm not sure how much time Brandon will have to visit everyone since he won't be there long, but I would at least like to get together for dinner or something with anyone who can, and I need to see that new baby!:) I don't know what my schedule will be like yet but I'll let everyone know as soon as I get it all together. Hope everyone has a great week! Can't wait to see ya! Love Sara
4 opinions:
Sara,
Hey sounds like you guys are having a rad Christmas out there. Seeing those pictures of cutting down that tree is rad. Thats what we did every year growing up. It was a cool tradition. Hey I feel so bad that we didn't get to see you guys while we were out there. You have to forgive us. Our schedule was way crazy and we weren't there for very long because of frequent flier mess. Dont hate us. But we definently want to see you guys if you have time while you are out here. GO EAST COAST! -Shane
PS. Get er done
Okay, this is the REAL Jamie- Sara, Brandon we MISS YOU SO MUCH! Sar we have to do something when you're here - even though you guys will probably be bombarded with family stuff, but we live in SL now so we could drive down to S Jordan or something. You're apt is sooo cute. Alls we have is a small tree and I feel like a failure :)
Next time we come to VA (next Christmas probably) we HAVE to see you guys . . . no matter how guilty shane feels for leaving his family.
I am sure your house smells like Christmas Tree. That is my favorite smell. Blake and I are lamo's and have a fake tree. Maybe when the kids come along and are a little older we will venture into the tree farm. I know us small town folk up in Logan would love to see you guys. I still hold strong to the fact that we should all get together for dinner or something. Let us know what your plans are. I am sure you will want to spend tons of time w/ your family (and maybe some with his). So, just let me know.
You are quite the little home maker! Your apartment is darling!!! Can't wait to see you over the holidays! Keep us posted on your plans!
Post a Comment