Hello everyone!! So we are trying to work out a final date for our Bear Lake retreat this summer...
How does
AUGUST 20TH-22ND
AUGUST 20TH-22ND
(stay Thurs. and Fri. nights and come home Sat)
sound??
sound??
Or would it be better to stay a Fri. and Sat. night and come home Sun. and do
AUGUST 21ST-23RD???
If we do the first option then people will have to take 2 weekdays off work, but we also weren't sure how everyone would feel about coming home on a Sunday.
PLEEEEASE COMMENT!!!
Also, we won't know for sure if we can get a deal on jet ski rentals until it gets closer. (Thanks Andrea and Heathe for checking on this!) We are also still unsure about getting a deal on a place to stay (Thanks Jamie for checking on this!), but Tim and I have looked a little online and there are a few options for cabin rentals that are not super expensive. We just need a FOR SURE commitment on who is coming before we work out all the final details!!
7 opinions:
I found a 3 bedroom cabin/condo that is quite nice for $275 per night and sleeps 10 (1 king, 1 queen, 3 full size beds), but we have to rent 3 nights so we could do Thurs, Fri and Sat. So if 5 couples stayed there it would only be $165 total including taxes. Good deal for Bear Lake!! It is available for the dates posted as of now but it will book FAST, so let's make decisions in the next week or so!
We are pretty sure we are coming, unless Shane gets a job way far away. So we'll say YES for right now unless we are way far away.
Either time works for us
I'll be honest. I don't think we are going to be able to make it. Blake is taking a week off at the beginning of August so we can go on a Barnett family reunion. I don't think he will have the time to take off. Maybe next year we can try and do something in the Boise area. That would allow us not to miss nearly as much work.
Honestly, we would love to be there but with already having a family reunion the first week in August at Bear Lake, I don't see us turning around a week and a half later to go back to Bear Lake. If it happened to be the week we are already going to be at Bear Lake (Aug 4-8) or even the weekend before we could probably make it work.
It sounds super fun, but i bet we'll be moving out of state around that same time for grad school to begin the end of august! bummer!
we are in for the friday and saturday! (i don't think we can do three days...sorry!) i sent you an email with more info, kelly :)
I think that we can do the entire time. Unless my job requires me to travel. I will double check with Jace and let you know for sure! Sorry I didn't post any comments on the last post!
Post a Comment