Friday, June 8, 2007

The NEWS!

I have been told that I need to make my announcement..... so here it is. I AM GOING ON A MISSION! It is just in the starting phase and but I am going for sure. I have always had a deep desire to go and have always prayed about it at different times in my life. However, each time I prayed I felt like it was just me wanting to go and the Lord telling me to hold back. Well I had my life planned for the next five years and that plan did not include a mission. I had a job at Primary Children's Hospital, I was going to live in Salt Lake with a nursing friend and I was going to be rich. Well while I was in Europe I had a dream and after the dream I woke up in the middle of the night and knew that I needed to go on a mission. The next morning my I was so scared that I decided that I would pray about it. I have prayed and fasted and I know that I am supposed to go on a mission. I am so excited and scared at the same time. I am just meeting with my Bishop and getting that all going this week. I will keep you all posted about when I turn in my papers, and when I get my call. I know that this is what I need to do even though it was not in my plans. It is completely unexpected but very welcomed. I love it!

3 opinions:

Kelly A. said...

Cassie~ We are sooo excited for you!! That is AWESOME!! I am glad you made the OFFICIAL announcement now :) You are going to be an incredible missionary!! CONGRATS Sister Barker! I hope you go somewhere Spanish speaking :)

Maren and Blake said...

Cassie, Blake and I too are very excited for this announcement. Watch, you will meet with your Bishop to turn in your papers and some great guy will ask you out on a date.

I hope you do go on a mission, it is something I wish I would have had the opportunity to do until Blake snatched me away. I kind of hope you don't go spanish speaking or our small group of English only speaking friends will diminish.

I am sure the Lord has a special purpose for you. Keep us updated. You will be one influential missionary.

Lindsey said...

Cassie - That is awesome. Keep us updated. You are going to be a great missionary!