So anyone who reads the blogs know that I have been waiting for my mission call. I was expecting it on Wednesday because my Bishop had told me that my call had been made and I just needed to get it in the mail. Well after a huge let down on Wednesday, it came on Thursday! I opened it at 8:11 with my mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, case (my little brother), brandun (my big brother), and dave (my best friend and jamie's brother). When i got the envelope it seemed small and i was sure i was going state side. I guess the Lord has a different plan for me, and may i say that i never thought once about the mission i have been called to. I have been called to serve in the Taiwan, Taipei mission! I enter the mission home on the 17th of October. I will be speaking Mandarin! I am so excited! As i think about what is ahead of me i get excited and then i get scared thinking of what i am being called to do. It is a very humbling and spiritual experience just knowing that my Father in Heaven knows that i can do this even though i doubt myself. I plan to be going through the temple in the next two weeks. After i go through we girls should do a session. I love this gospel and can't wait to share my testimony and the word of God with the people of Taiwan.
Saturday, July 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 opinions:
Cassie,
we couldn't be more excited for you! Blake and I have been to Taipei. It is SO beautiful, well, at least the plane flight into the airport. That's all we have seen. You are going to make THE BEST missionary. I totally agree that us girls should go through a session and then go out for dinner. Keep me posted on that and I would LOVE to make a trip down to Salt Lake.
Congratulations again!!
Cassie~ Congratulations!!!! We are sooo excited for you!!! I would LOVE to go do a temple session with all the girls, so you should for sure plan that! Also, let us know when you will be speaking in sacrament. My friend from high school and Tim's old room mate served his mission in Taipei Taiwan and he loved it! You will be an incredible missionary!!!
Cassie - Congratulations! Taipei is going to be an awesome place and you will be a great missionary. Your happy, friendly personality is going to bring you in touch with many people. I would love to be involved in the girls night at the temple so let me know.
Congratulations!! You are going to have to talk to Cameron! He served in Taiwan Kaohshiung!
Hey that is awesome! We are excited for you. You will make a great missionary!
Post a Comment