We Kelly keeps prodding me to post something so I decided to finally get my act together.... Our summer has been full of training for the triathlon we are doing July 28th (if I die will you come to my funeral?) but we did manage to get a little vacation in to CA. We went to Disneyland, the San Diego Wild Animal Park, the Newport Beach temple, and the beach. The temple was beautiful, the simplicity inside was totally different from the SL temple. The lines were small and the weather perfect for our two days at the parks. There was some fun things going on at the Wild Animal Park. In the one picture you can see a Masai (?) warrior. If any one has seen Ghost in the Darkness these are the people that have to kill a lion before they can become a warrior. There were 4 males, 2 females and 1 elder. It was really interesting because whenever the Masai people were around the lion camp the lions were up and very aware and active. The park people brought them here to see if the lions had a innate sense of these people because the lions there have never been to Africa. And it was really cool because the male lion roared for about 5 min and that isn't something you get to see often. That might not have made sense but it was really interesting.
Thursday, July 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 opinions:
Wahoo!!! You have been using the blog:) Way cute pictures! It looks like you guys had a ton of fun!
linds - we live right up above foothill drive at 1444 S Beacon Drive. We should play!
I can't believe how cool your trip sounded. I would have loved to see the lions roar. It has been forever since we have talked. Are you going to be home this weekend? Can I call you? Where are you doing your triathon? Let me know. -Maren
We are heading to Lagoon this weekend if you want to come. Our triathlon is next weekend, the 28th, so if I don't post anything after that date, well, hopefully I will:)
Post a Comment