Sunday, September 23, 2007

Christmas 2007

We were talking to Maren and Blake this week and discussing a "family Christmas party." Anyways, the idea came up about renting my buddies cabin in the Park City area for a night. Bryce and Megan will be in town the weekend before Christmas and they are getting together with their West Jordan friends on Saturday the 22nd, so I thought Friday the 21st of December would work. This may or may not be something Kelly and I would be able to attend, or maybe we would go and just not spend the night, since we will have a very new baby but we wanted to feel out what everyone thought and we'll go from there. If it went through, the plan would be to meet at the cabin on Friday evening have dinner/exchange gifts and have a party. There is room for 8 couples to spend the night(more if you don't mind blow up mattresses.) The following day we might go to Park City for brunch and walk around the shopping outlets. On the left side of the blog is a couple of surveys. Please check what you would be willing to do (only one vote per couple). Also post a comment if you can and cannot make the 21st-in other words whether or not that date will even work since it is so close to Christmas. To stay the night will end up being approximately$25-30 a couple and if you just came and didn't stay it would be $5-10. These prices may change according to what everyone wants to do just so you know. If you are not married you may bring a date, or just come. Please don't feel like you can't come. We love you and want you to be there. By the way, dinner Friday night would be a pot luck.

9 opinions:

Maren and Blake said...

I hope everyone will come to this. It sounds like it will be a really nice evening out. To save money, we don't need to do any present exchange, just a funny elephant exchange like last year. I hope people can make this because this may be the last Christmas before we all start having families. I for one say Kelly and Tim, bring the baby. You know the girls will help tend to her and you will sure deserve a night of fun!

Jason Wheeler said...

That would be really fun and I'd be interested, but it's kinda hard for me to schedule that far in advance. :)

Jamie said...

hey we would love to - hopefully we still won't be on our cruise - I can't remember exactly when we get home. Maybe that night?! Actually, I think that will work. That would be fun.

Lindsey said...

We don't get to go home for Christmas so we are headed to Boise on that weekend. We would be up to doing something at another time in the month. I loved the Christmas party last year.

Unknown said...

We're actually flying down to Texas that very day to spend a couple of weeks with my family. Otherwise, we would have loved to.

Sara Stevenson said...

Hey! Oh that sounds so fun! As far as I know that will work for us. We are planning on coming home but not sure of the dates exactly. So yes I think we would love to stay the night as well, but I actually haven't talked to Brandon. If we can its a YES!!

The Westons said...

Hey y'all! Heath and I would love to come stay at the cabin...we just have to make sure we can get work off! we'll keep you posted :)

Bryce Cranney said...

Maren & Blake, Meg and I won't be in until late that night so I don't think that will work for us. Don't change anything on our account but maybe we could even do something at the same time everyone from West Jordan gets together... kill two birds with one stone...?

Bryce Cranney said...

I don't think the 21st would work for us. We won't be leaving until later that night. I'm not sure we'll be in town soon enough to make it. Why don't we just have one big party on Saturday night for everyone... west jordan crew and all? But if worst comes then don't worry about us. I don't want to change this if we're the only one's that can't make it...