Sunday, January 13, 2008

Pullman, WA here we come

Blake and I will be moving to the Palouse area. Rolling wheat fields and two small college towns. This past week Blake accepted a job offer to be an Associate Web Programmer for Schweitzer Eng Labs in Pullman, WA. We did take a house hunting trip last weekend and decided that we will not be living in Pullman, but in Moscow, ID. Moscow is like 5 miles from Pullman. Pullman is the home of the Washington State University Cougars and Moscow is home of the University of Idaho Vandals. Both towns are about 10,000 people when students aren't in school and about 40,000 when school is in session.

Although we are sad to leave, especially before the baby comes, we feel this is what is best for our family. Our last day of working here is Jan. 30th and we will be heading up there on Jan. 31st. I will be entering my 37 week of pregnancy which means I will be moving all the boxes to induce labor. Just kidding, Blake wouldn't let me. His company actually hires people to come pack us and move us which means we will be doing more administrative stuff to get our move in order. Blake's first official day at SEL is on Feb. 4th.

We are really excited and promise to keep the blog posted with pictures of the baby and posts of our new little adventure. It is a great outdoors area, so you all will need to come up to visit and for some good fishing, camping and outdoor trips. We hope to see you all before we venture out. We will be in Salt Lake for the next 2 weekends, so let us know if you are free and we would love to visit. Pullman, here we come!

2 opinions:

Sara Stevenson said...

Oh boy! Congrats on the new job! I can't believe how spread out we're getting. It's crazy! I'm sure you'll be busy, but Maren when you have a second give me a call before you move!!! Good Luck!

Kelly A. said...

I am sooo sad that I will not get to see your baby when he is brand new, so you better really post pictures and let us know when you come to Utah to visit Blake's family!!