Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Long Awaited Summer Trip

Well, we won't post too much because our trip has just begun. Blake and I are in Oregon for my sister's wedding. We actually left last Friday to stay with my brother and check out the Seattle area. Blake had a job interview in Olympia, but wasn't too impressed with the company.

We went to Pike Place Market (which we didn't care for), the Space Needle (which was nice), NW Trek (a must see), and then went to some great restaurants. I don't know why, but Friday I was super sick. We went to a late night showing of Bourne Ultimatum with my brother. I hear it was good. I don't know because I was running to the bathroom every 1/2 hour to throw up. It must have been the lack of sleep and travel because I felt perfect the rest of the time.

On Monday we woke up bright and early and took the train down to Portland. Blake and I have never been on a train in the states before. It was really cheap and pretty nice. We have just been spending some good time with my family. We went to the Street of Dream (Oregon's version of the Parade of Homes). I can't believe how much money some people have. It was quite fun though.

Well, I won't write too much. We will attach some fun pictures when we get back and tell you more about our trip. By the way, this is our first official post, I hope it was ok.

4 opinions:

Kelly A. said...

I've never been to Seattle, but I really want to go there some day! And would it be too selfish of me to say that I am glad that Blake didn't like that company 'cause then you won't leave Utah quite as soon? JK! You know we wish you the best wherever that might be:)It sounds like you're having a fun trip, though!! That's too bad that you were sick at the movie-we have heard nothing but good things about it and Tim and I want to see it! Lack of sleep and travel huh? JK-glad you're felling better!

Kelly A. said...

I mean FEELING better, not FELLING better:) You'd think a teacher could spell-but I am not a good typer!

Lindsey said...

Maybe it was the movie that made you sick, or something else...but Jace and I went and saw it and I was totally nauseous for a lot of the movie. That probably had something to do with the fact that we were on the third row. I loved the movie though. It sounds like you trip is going well so far. I have never been to Portland so I would love to see some pictures!

Jamie said...

CALL ME WHEN YOU GET HOME!!!!!