Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Long Time.....

Hi everyone. Yes I know we fell of the face of the earth since leaving Logan, but I'll try and bring you back up to speed about whats been going on with us in the last year or so. So Kendra and I moved to Williamsburg, VA, where I'm attending the College of William & Mary. (It was a 40 hour drive for our caravan of 2 cars, and a moving truck; we wouldn't recommend it to anyone) Williamsburg is in the southeast corner of Virginia about 1/2 way between Richmond and Norfolk. We do love it out here in Virginia, it's green, it's warm, and it's a small town just like Logan. Kendra is still an Aggie. She's been finishing her degree online and will graduate this December which has been really nice not to have to transfer. She's also the receptionist for a place out here called the Williamsburg Pottery Factory and works full time. It's a big tourist place here in town where they sell handmade pottery and a ton of other things. So between school and work she stays really busy. After finishing my first year of law school I worked for a professor this summer doing research. The end of June we left and went to Madrid, Spain for 6 weeks to do a study abroad. It was lots of fun and we got to see a lot of different parts of Spain, and since Kendra's classes were all online she got to come as well. That's what the pictures are of. The left is Kendra in front of the Madrid Temple. The right is me is on the field at Real Madrid's soccer stadium, and the bottom one is sitting in front of the Roman Aqueduct in Segovia Spain. So that about covers it all for us. We've just been busy with school and work. I'm in the middle of my next summer job search so I'll be flying all over the country for the next couple months interviewing. I'll be in LA on the 31st of August and Boston on the 7th of Sept, and anywhere else that will give me an interview. So hopefully we can head back west somewhere. Well its good to read and hear about how everyone is doing. If any of you are ever in Virginia or nearby, let us know it would be great to see you all again.





Brett and Kendra

2 opinions:

Kelly A. said...

Holy cow! Until I got your message a little bit ago congratulating us on our pregnancy, I was beginning to think that you really did fall off the face of the Earth! Welcome back:) It's good to hear from you again!! It's crazy to think how much all our lives have changed and how we are all grown up now and busy doing our adult things. It looks/sounds like you and Kendra are doing great! Don't become a stranger again and keep us posted on everything going on with you two!

Maren and Blake said...

What the travel bugs you have been. I am so jealous of you guys traveling to Spain. Was it everything they say it is?

Since you have finished your first year, does that mean that you have 2 years left or is this a 4 year program? It sounds like once you are done you want to head out west or are you loving it there too much?

it sounds like Kendra is kept super busy. I think I would go crazy if I just sat around, so I am glad to hear she is finishing school and probably being your suga' mama! haha!

Well, keep in touch. Update the blog with any news at all, it would be good to hear from you guys more often.