Monday, August 13, 2007

Seattle Trip

Welcome to beautiful Seattle, home of the Seattle Mariners and the Seattle Sea Hawks. You can notice the stadiums in the back of the photo. They were so big, especially the baseball stadium. The baseball stadium has a retracting roof because it rains so much. It was really neat to see. This picture was taken from the pier at Pike Place Market (which we were NOT impressed with at all, the Pike Place Market that is).



This is obviously the Space Needle. Built in the early 1960's for the World Fair, it attracted many from around the world, therefore fulfilling its purpose. It was pretty cool, although expensive to get up to the top. ($16 per person) We went up in the evening around sunset and got some great pictures of the city. Despite what you may think, the Space Needle does not spin, just the restaurant at the very top does. I was disappointed. We ate a a good restaurant across the street called Sport. It had huge plasma's everywhere, even at each table. Needless to say, this was Blake's favorite place to eat. The food was really good, however, I was sick and only enjoyed it for about 5 minutes before it all came up. Blake was convinced we should have gotten a refund, because I didn't actually keep the food with me.

This is me at the top of the Space Needle looking over Seattle. Keep in mind I just threw up everything I had eaten that day, so I don't look too hot.

We also went to a place called Northwest Trek. You take a tram ride through the natural habitat of northwest animals such as elk, moose, caribou, mt goats, buffalo, bears, wolves and many more NW animals. We also saw a wolverine. I want people's opinions, what do you think a wolverine is? It was completely different from what I thought. We would attach pictures but we forgot my camera so my brother's girlfriends has all of the pictures on her camera. She is emailing them to me, so you will just have to wait to see a wolverine, they are intense.


This next photo is our favorite photo. Although it was not taken in Seattle, it does show the true beauty of God's creations.





This picture was not stolen from the Anderson's. In fact, this is a picture of little baby Barnett. This was taken at 7 weeks, although he/she is much bigger now. For those who can't see, because it is kind of small, there is a black circle in the middle of the picture. In the middle of the black circle there is a little brown circle, that is the baby. The baby is now 12 weeks old and is really making her mom sick. This is what caused all her throwing up, heart burn, and nausea. After wanting a baby for so long, I will take all the pain. Awhile behind Kelly, our baby is due on February 29th. Yes, a leap year baby. I am counting on Kelly mastering parenting so that when I have this wee one I will know exactly what to do.

We wanted everyone to know how excited we were about our Seattle/Portland trip. (Nothing really happened in Portland. My sister was getting married and so we just worked on that.) We are also very excited about the baby. I hope this gives you a little insight into our little adventure. Hope to see you all soon!

5 opinions:

Kelly A. said...

Finally! I no longer have to keep that dirty little secret:) I have been so tempted to spill the beans, but have been so good about keeping my mouth shut! CONGRATS once again!!! We are soooooo excited for you guys!! Also, I loved looking at the pictures and hearing about your trip-it looks like you had tons of fun! Welcome home! We drove past your house tonight at about 9:30 to take your keys back, but all the lights were off so we didn't knock. Talk to you soon!

Sara Stevenson said...

Wahoo! Yeah seriously its about time:) We are really excited for you and we're glad that you are finally going to be able to start your family! Congrats congrats congrats!!! We can't wait to see you guys!

Cassie said...

I am so excited for the both the of you. I obviously have never had one of my own but having seen many a babies born I can say that there is nothing as amazing and special. My favorite is when the couple are parents for the first time. They have everything all planned out and want everything to be perfect. Just enjoy every moment. I am so excited for you, please send me pictures while on the mission. I will be missing all the going on at home. Keep me updated. Once again CONGRATULATIONS!

Lindsey said...

Congratulations Maren! I wondered if you were pregnant since you kept saying you were sick. Kelly did a really good job at keeping your secret. She didn't let on at all!

Anonymous said...

Hi Maren and Blake. We saw this blog on Cranney's facebook, read your exciting news and thought we'd say congratulations! We're excited for you.

Brett and Kendra (The Thornocks remember we used to live in Logan :)